A Skills Based Day Centre providing quality support and training for people with disabilities
Our mission is to strive to provide support and training to people to ensure they achieve their full potential by promoting activities that are meaningful and developmental to each individual regardless of their disability with a view of achieving independence. These will be delivered through the following values:
- Treat people with dignity and respect
- Give power to people to make choices
- Be honest, open and accountable
- Value and appreciate people
- Listen and understand people’s individual needs
- Encourage skill and expertise
- Welcome and support innovation and new ideas
- Promote learning and development
We are a Skills Based Day Centre open Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 providing training and development for life and work skills within a safe, protective environment where people can be supported in developing their skills and confidence.
- Learn everything from essential day to day life skills through to making things and skills for working life
- Boost confidence and build self esteem
- Work towards employment
- Move from residential to supported living
- Sense of achievement
Our centre is on the Devon / Cornwall border and is situated within five acres of beautiful land on the edge of the village of Broadwoodwidger, Devon.
We have made adaptions to ensure our wheelchair users have easy access to all the facilities.
- Dedicated team of staff committed to the training and development of people
- Fully fitted kitchen
- All materials, utensils and tools provided
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Arts and crafts
- Learn how to cook
- Learn how to grow and identify different herbs and vegetables
- Learn how to make pickles and preserves
- Learn how to live independently
- Safe and friendly environment
Success is Key
Bornel Care offers all the benefits of supported living in a safe and secure environment for people with disabilities, challenging behaviours and complex needs.
We provide an environment that promotes growth, choice and independence ensuring that people feel in control of their lives. Because of Bornel's success we decided to open a Skills Based Day Centre and help others learn life and work skills to assist them to be more in control of their lives.